Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef ). This is a traditional style of making ground Beef in Goa. Red Chillies and Vinegar make the flavor distinctly Goan! This is a traditional style of making ground Beef in Goa.
I like it too, with chopped tomato, avocado and cilantro on top. The kheema is dry — by that I mean that it is not thick and bound with a sauce like chili. The word Kheema means ground meat and it also means a spicy curry made with ground chicken often served with paav which are similar to hamburger buns/potato rolls. You can have Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef ) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef )
- It’s 150 grams of beef kheema (ground beef).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Oil to fry.
- Prepare 4 of black olives, chopped.
- You need 2 of Jalapenos or 3-4 green chillies , chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry basil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Mint leaves and Cillantro leaves , chopped. i used more mint leaves.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of Salt (add or less as per your taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green chilly sauce.
- You need 1/2 of of lemon squeezed into juice.
This authentic Indian ground beef recipe is called "Qeema" and is an amazingly simple yet complex tasting curried Indian dish. It's also known as Keema or Kheema, and the beauty of this Indian ground beef recipe is that it is so very authentic and yet, you will recognise every spice in the recipe. Kheema palak is ground chicken and spinach curry cooked with Indian spices. Sometimes, I also make spinach raita.
Minty Spicy Kheema (ground beef ) step by step
- I used frozen meat, so had to defrost it first..
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the beef till the pink colour is gone. Then add salt and pepper and saute well.
- Now add chilly sauce and Soy sauce n saute. Then add basil, jalapenos (or green chillies ) and olives and saute.
- When the meat is almost fried add mint and cillantro leaves and saute till the meat is done..
- Finally add lemon juice n mix well. you may garnish with another set of chopped mint leaves. Your kheema is ready :).
- You can also use this recipe for other ground meat. Goes well with rice or breads :).
- One fine saturday Morning, i bought a kheema (though i cooked in the evening :D) .. i wanted to cook it myself in my own simple way. The way i can do it, simple, easy and tasty :p… i am no expert in cooking but i am definately making a good progress. If you try this recipe, lemme know, how good i'm ! Thanks a lot peeps , i dedicate this dish to all my friends here, who made me believe that, yes i can cook too.. Cheers !.
- Hadnt had beef for months, so this was, way too tasty lol.
But the last time I cooked spinach, I added some kheema to it. Ground meat is called kheema, both in hindi and in telugu, and it is traditionally either goat or lamb meat. Ground Beef Curry with Peas (Kheema Mattar Masala). Minced beef curry can be spicy but this one is not too spicy. I make it less spicy by using more sweet paprika for the color instead of all chilly powder.