Next Day Sloppy Joes.
You can have Next Day Sloppy Joes using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Next Day Sloppy Joes
- You need 3 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion.
- Prepare Half of a green bell pepper.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- Prepare Half of bottle bbq sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Montreal seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of white pepper.
Next Day Sloppy Joes step by step
- In a large skillet over medium high heat cook the ground beef with the Montreal seasoning, 1 tbsp each of the onion powder, granulated garlic and chili powder..
- Once the meat is cooked if there is a lot of fat/liquid in the skillet drain it out. I used a higher fat ground beef than 80/20 because it was on sale so that's probably why I had to drain it..
- Return to medium heat and add the can of tomato paste. Stir through the meat and cover the skillet..
- Finely chop the onion/bell pepper and stir into the meat mixture and cover..
- Add the remaining onion powder, chili powder, granulated garlic and the white pepper. Also stir in the apple cider vinegar and Worcestershire sauce at this stage..
- Reduce to medium low heat. Mix in the bbq sauce. I used Sweet Baby Ray's original sauce. Let everything simmer together for a minute or 2..
- Add the tomato sauce and brown sugar. Let simmer for 10 minutes and adjust any seasonings if needed..
- This is ready to eat now, but like chili I think homemade sloppy joe mix tastes better the next day. I moved it to a crockpot, let cool and refrigerated overnight. Warm on low and try to not over eat! I served them with Famous Dave's signature spicy pickle chips..