Coney sauce or sloppy joes. Coney islands are served often at fairs. This meat mixture also makes excellent sloppy joes. Add tomato sauce, water, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
Take it to the next level! Step away from the canned sauce and give these homemade sloppy joes a try! They're truly the best version of a childhood favorite! You can cook Coney sauce or sloppy joes using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coney sauce or sloppy joes
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef or ground venison.
- You need 1 can of tomato soup.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s Dash of pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey bbq sauce or any bbq.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili seasoning hot or mild.
My husband never likes my sloppy joes. We had his family over and I agreed to make sloppy joes. I panicked knowing mine were not up to par so I typed into my iPad and picked this recipe. I had to add more worcestire and a bunch of hot sauce to tone down the sweetness.
Coney sauce or sloppy joes instructions
- Cook your ground beef or venison fully in sauce pan and drain any grease..
- Mix in everything the recipe calls for and simmer 5 minutes on low-medium heat..
Can be used as coney sauce or sloppy joeSubmitted by: REMOMMY. Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Coney Joe Calories. Here in Australia, we don't have Sloppy Joe seasoning mixes or sauces. The one big difference is that the sauce is cooked right down so it's really thick and not saucy at all. Juicy but not saucy, otherwise it's too wet to pile onto sliders.