Sloppy Joe (Florida Style).
You can cook Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe (Florida Style)
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped poblano pepper.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño pepper, minced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard.
- You need 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar-based hot sauce or bbq sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 6 of onion buns.
Sloppy Joe (Florida Style) instructions
- Chop and prepare the onions, garlic, peppers and tomatoes..
- In a medium skillet, sauteé the onions, garlic, and peppers..
- Add and brown the ground beef over medium heat, then add the tomato. Drain off liquids..
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the orange juice and season with salt and pepper..
- Serve on an onion bun!.