Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel. Swapping bread for baked sweet potatoes makes eating a Sloppy Joe so much healthier! This easy sweet potato recipe is gluten-free I love this sloppy joe version, a few of my other favorites are Mexican-style Stuffed Sweet Potato (Vegetarian), Italian-Style Stuffed Sweet Potato, and Cheesy. These Paleo sloppy joe sweet potatoes are classic comfort food made healthy!
Sauté the onions and bell peppers first, and then brown the meat. You can keep the meat mixture warm while waiting for the sweet potatoes to finish baking. Serve them up by spooning the sloppy joe mixture over the halved sweet potatoes. You can cook Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel
- It’s of pumpernickel bread.
- Prepare of Sloppy Joes—————.
- Prepare of ground beef 75/25.
- It’s of tomato paste.
- It’s of yellow prepared mustard.
- You need of Heinz Tomato Ketchup.
- You need of loose packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s of mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Potatoes——————–.
- It’s of medium potatoes.
- It’s of oil to fry in.
- You need of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Cheese—————-.
- It’s of your favorite cheeses.
Sweet potatoes replace the bread in this easy sloppy joe from Delish.com. Using a fork, poke potatoes all over. I have several other sloppy joe recipes on my blog, so be sure and check those out at brandnewvegan.com Music: Whatdafunk by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license ( https Crispy Instant Pot Potatoes. Sloppy Joes stuffed baked potato recipe finished with cheese, sour cream and green onions for a quick weeknight entree.
Sloppy Joe and Potatoes on Pumpernickel instructions
- Brown the ground beef with the spices.
- Slice the potatoes with the skin on it.
- Fry the potatoes.
- Add salt to the paper towel.
- Add the potatoes to the paper towel with the salt on it. Then add salt as needed..
- Add brown sugar.
- Add mustard, ketchup, and tomato paste..
- Mix well and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add mayonnaise to the bread and then the potatoes slices..
- Cover with sloppy joe mixture..
- Top with the six cheese blend. If you don't have it add whichever cheeses you like..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Look for microwave-ready potatoes in the produce section. They are wrapped in plastic and are ready to microwave. Ground beef, tomato sauce, green peppers, and dates combine beautifully to top warm baked potatoes, creating a new take on a classic favorite. Top with the turkey mixture and sprinkle with the cheese while still hot. This paleo sloppy joe sweet potato skillet has all of the nostalgia of sloppy joe, but with real food ingredients!