Mike's Southwestern Philly Cheese Steak.
You can cook Mike's Southwestern Philly Cheese Steak using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Southwestern Philly Cheese Steak
- It’s 2 Pounds of Deli Roast Beef [or, rib eye – very thin sliced – rare].
- You need 1 Can (14 oz) of Beef Stock [you won't need all].
- It’s 1/2 of Small Red Bell Pepper [thin sliced].
- Prepare 1/2 of Small Green Bell Pepper [thin sliced].
- You need 1 of Small White Onion [thin sliced].
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed – fine minced].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Sliced Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sliced Pickled Jalapeños [+ reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sliced Pickled Banana Peppers [+ reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Chilled Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 4 of LG Slices Provolone Cheese [room temp – thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Cheese Wiz [melted].
- Prepare to taste of Cracked Black Pepper And Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Quality Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 of Extra Large Italian Or French Rolls.
Mike's Southwestern Philly Cheese Steak step by step
- Thin slice your vegetables and fine mince your garlic..
- Rough chop your roast beef and set to the side..
- Heat your pan and add olive oil..
- Add onions, bell peppers, spicy peppers and mushrooms. Add a dash of beef stock and cover pan with a tight fitting lid. Stir occasionally. Fry veggies until they're translucent. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Push your vegetables to the side of the pan and add your Roast Beef and minced garlic..
- In the meantime, slice your rolls in half, heat your Cheese Wiz and pull your fresh cilantro leaves..
- Add another good dash of beef stock and seal pan again. Stir occasionally until beef is no longer rare. Two minutes tops..
- Mix everything together in pan and add additional stock if needed. Steam for 30 seconds longer..
- To construct your Cheese Steaks: Smear some melted Cheese Wiz on the tops of your rolls. Then lay on Provolone Cheese. Place Provolone Cheese on the bases of your rolls. Pile on your cheese steak mixture while still very hot and steaming in to of the Provolone. Drizzle on Cheese Wiz. Garnish cheese steak mixture with chilled banana peppers and jalapeño peppers. Add fresh chilled cilantro leaves. Top and serve while hot with a Clausens Dill Pickle halve..
- Enjoy this hot, meaty, melty sandwich with an ice cold beer!.