Homemade LOBSTER mac and cheese. How can mac and cheese get any better? Fresh lobster and a blend of three cheeses are baked in a creamy lobster sauce in this dish. Too hard to find fresh lobster in your neck of the woods?
This homemade mac and cheese sauce starts with a roux. It's a mixture of fat (usually butter) and flour that is used to create thick sauces. Serve this homemade mac and cheese recipe all by itself for an easy lunch or dinner! You can cook Homemade LOBSTER mac and cheese using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade LOBSTER mac and cheese
- Prepare 3 medium of cooked lobsters.
- You need 4 cup of cheese (your preferences).
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of cooked pasta.
- You need 2 1/3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- It’s of salt.
My kids love it with chopped up hot dogs. Any pasta shape works here, but corkscrews are our favorite for holding the warm, velvety sauce inside. He BEST Homemade Mac and Cheese of your LIFE. Outrageously cheesy, ultra creamy, and topped with a crunchy Panko-Parmesan topping, this mac and cheese recipe is most definitely a keeper.
Homemade LOBSTER mac and cheese instructions
- Remove all meat from lobsters (be careful not to cut yourself, maybe use gloves) cut meat into chunks and set aside..
- In a medium saucepan combine the flour butter and milk to make a roux. 1 1/2 stick of Butter first(saving the remaining butter to top), then flour. Cook a little making sure not to scorch. Then add milk. It will get thick but you may need to add more milk..
- To the roux add rosemary salt and cheese.
- Finally add lobster meat and pasta. Add all ingredients to baking pan. Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs and add butter on top..
- Bake in oven set to 400° for 15 mins or until top is browned and butter is melted..
- All measurements are approximate may have to adjust accordingly. ..
- I made hush puppies and crab cakes to go along with this but it can easily be the main dish!! Enjoy!.
I used three different cheese and a homemade cheese sauce to take this macaroni and cheese. Maine's Arrows Restaurant serves this classic entrée with the lobster in the shell placed on top of the macaroni and cheese. It is lobster mac and cheese, after all, so why not go all out? Spoon the mac and cheese into either one big casserole dish or a few individual dishes for a more romantic feel. And that's it – easy peasy!