Puerto Rican Picadillo.
You can have Puerto Rican Picadillo using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Puerto Rican Picadillo
- It’s of lbs. Ground Chuck.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Minced Garlic (your preference).
- Prepare of Medium / Large Onion Cubed.
- You need of Green Bell Pepper Cubed.
- You need of Sofrito (I have a recipe for this).
- Prepare of Sazon with Culantro and Achiote.
- Prepare of toasted Almonds.
- Prepare of halved Green Olives.
- You need of Capers.
- You need of Raisins.
- Prepare of each Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need of Ground Cloves.
- You need of Bay Leaves.
- It’s of Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- You need of White Vinegar.
Puerto Rican Picadillo instructions
- In 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, sweat the Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Sofrito, and Sazon for 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside in bowl..
- Add remaining Tbsp of Olive Oil and brown Ground Chuck. When browned, drain fat and add Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic and Sofrito mixture to skillet and set aside..
- In small skillet, simmer Vinegar, Olives, Capers, Raisins, Salt and Pepper, Cinnamon, Cloves and Bay leaves for up to 10 – 12 minutes stirring to distribute flavors..
- In separate skillet, toast the almonds. You want them brown, but not burned. These add a very nice texture!! When done, add them to the meat mixture..
- At this point, add the Olive and Caper mixture (in step 3) to the Ground Chuck mixture. Add Almonds and Diced Tomatoes. Bring up to heat and turn to simmer for approximately one hour. You're going to LOVE how your house is smelling..
- There's just something about my Caldero that makes this so much better. Not necessary though..