Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole. Sloppy Joes meet Tater Tots™ in this casserole that's light on prep and loaded with flavor–and sure to be a hit with the entire family. MORE+ LESS This sloppy joe casserole is such an easy twist on a childhood favorite! The whole family loves this one at my house!
It is the bane of a food blogger and always a challenge to try So I found this recipe where Sloppy Joes meets tater tots and decided to give it a go. It's simple, it's tasty and it's ready to go. Tips for making sloppy joe tater tot casserole: You can use either regular shaped tater tots or tater tot rounds. You can have Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Prepare of Ground Chuck.
- Prepare of Onion, chopped & divided.
- You need of Garlic, minced.
- You need of Salt & Pepper, to taste.
- Prepare of Sloppy Joe sauce.
- You need of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- You need of of Velveeta Cheese, shredded or crumbled & divided.
- It’s of bag ORE-IDA Tater Tots, frozen.
I like to use the tater tot rounds as I find they get a little crispier. It's up to you how heavy you want to go on the tater tots. Hey everyone, I hope your day is going well. In today's video I am sharing how we make our sloppy joe tater tot casserole and homemade macaroni and cheese.
Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole step by step
- Brown beef with salt, pepper, garlic & 1/2 of onion, drain well. Wipe out skillet of remaining fat..
- Mix Sloppy Joe sauce & mushroom soup into drained beef in same warm skillet.
- Spray a 9×13 dish with Pam. Place Tater Tots in dish & season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese on top of Tots. Then pour meat mixture over cheese. Sprinkle remaining chopped onion on meat. Finally, top with the remaining cheese..
- Bake between 325-350 F for about an hour. You may need to tent with foil as to not burn the cheese on top..
How to make Crockpot Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole! This slow cooker recipe is filled with hamburger, cheese, and yummy goodness. The traditional sloppy joe gets a reboot with a tater tot topping and some peppers and onions thrown in in the base. When you want to warm up and fill up, this family-friendly casserole is the go-to dish for a weeknight or weekend dinner. A combination of the fan-favorite sloppy joe and crispy tater tots.