Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad. Give Top Round Steak slices a quick dip in a flavorful marinade before stir frying. Thai Beef & Cucumber SaladTop Round Steak Round Primal. Want to know how to make a delicious stir-fry or perfectly brown Ground Beef?
Add red peppers, mushrooms, onions and garlic; cook until tender. Stir in vinegar and soy sauce; season with salt and pepper to taste. This all-in-one salad meal of spicy ground beef with cucumber is very popular with my readers. You can have Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad
- It’s of Ground beef (in patty form or not).
- It’s of panko or tempura breading mix.
- It’s of Tom yum chilli paste.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of shallots, minced.
- You need of garlic cloves, smashed.
- Prepare of cilantro paste (Peruvian).
- Prepare of basil paste (Peruvian).
- It’s of ground beef.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s of Cucumber salad.
- Prepare of garlic clove, smashed.
- You need of small chilli peppers.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- You need of Juice from 1 lemon.
- It’s of fish sauce.
- It’s of water.
- You need of large cucumber, sliced thinly.
- You need of big red onion, minced.
- It’s of Sesame oil,.
- It’s of Fresh mint, basil, cilantro,.
I felt like a salad and happened to have some mint and cucumbers in the house. One thing led to another and I ended up creating a Middle Eastern inspired warm beef salad. Tender, garlicky steak pairs perfectly with a spicy, Thai-inspired salad topped with peanuts. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine sugar vinegar mixture, cucumber, red onion and cilantro.
Thai inspired ground beef with cucumber salad instructions
- Mix panko, Tom yum paste, soy sauce, fish sauce, cilantro paste, basil paste, shallots and garlic in a large bowl. Mix and let stand for 5 minutes..
- Add 1 pound of ground beef to bowl. Mix well. Form into patties for frying. (You can also choose to let the ground beef crumble instead of forming distinct patties). Recipe is enough for around 20 small patties. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- For the dressing, pound garlic, chilies and half the sugar with a mortar and pestle. Add the liquid ingredients and stir. Add dressing to sliced cucumbers and onion. Add sesame oil to taste and set aside..
- Work with a heavy pan over medium heat. Cook patties in oil until golden brown..
- Serve patties with cucumber salad. Spoon extra dressing over patties. Garnish with fresh cilantro, mint and basil..
Refrigerate for at least one hour. Fry shallot in a pan with sesame oil while stirring until browned and then remove. Rinse cucumber and cut into small pieces. Cut meat in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise with the grain into thin strips. Mix strips of beef in a bowl with cucumber pieces, shallot cubes, scallions and chile pepper.