Best ground beef stroganoff!. Ground beef recipes are a time-pressed cook's favorite go-to options for weeknight dinners. The fast-cooking, hearty protein is ready to go in just five to seven minutes. Create a fast stroganoff sauce with beef broth and Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour, stir in sour cream, and dinner is served.
Stir until the meat is browned, breaking it up as you stir. This is the absolute best ground beef stroganoff recipe that you can find. Quick and easy with minimal mess. You can have Best ground beef stroganoff! using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Best ground beef stroganoff!
- You need of ground beef, turkey or venison.
- It’s of onion, chopped.
- It’s of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare of Mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare of Beef broth.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Ground black pepper.
- You need of whatever noodles you want to use. I used elbow cause it was what I had.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- Prepare of boiling water.
We opted not to have the mushrooms ourselves. What makes a stroganoff so stinking good? With crumbled ground beef and cremini mushrooms, this bad boy comes together in a single pot. It's truly a one pot wonder where even the uncooked egg noodles cook right in that sauce, sopping up everything.
Best ground beef stroganoff! step by step
- Brown ground beef/turkey/venison, whichever you choose. Sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms. Do this all together in one large pan..
- Make your roux by melting 1/3 cup of butter in medium sauce pan. Once melted slowly whisk in 1/3 cup of flour adding a little at a time. Slowly add the 2 cups of beef broth continuing to whisk..
- Pour your roux in with your ground beef/turkey and onions, add salt and pepper and stir..
- Add your sour cream and stir. Put on low heat for 10 minutes..
- Bring your 4 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling add your 2 cups of noodles for approximately 10 minutes. I eat a few noodles (or make my wife eat a few) as I'm cooking to test their doneness. Once the noodles are how you like them strain them..
- This is totally optional. Add your noodles to your ground beef, onions, roux, sour cream mixture and mix it all up real good. Or just put the noodles on a plate and pour some stroganoff over it..
- Last but certainly not least. Enjoy the delicious Beef Stroganoff you've just poured your heart and soul into because YOU deserve it..
I always have hamburger on hand, and thank goodness for that, or this recipe would have never come to be. My husband's favorite meal is beef stroganoff, but the last time I went to make it I was completely out of the round steak I. This has to be the best Stroganoff on earth. And yes – this ground beef stroganoff is the perfect one pot meal. I love that there are less dishes to do, and I love how much flavor gets infused with the pasta when you cook it in broth and onion and even the ground beef drippings.