Sloppy Joe Turnovers. Sloppy Joe Turnovers is an awesome and easy twist on traditional Sloppy Joe sandwiches. I love them because there’s no mess like the original ones. No having to worry about gloppy gloop spilling.
Such a yummy way to serve sloppy joes! Top sloppy joe turnovers recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. Full ingredient & nutrition information of the Sloppy Joe Turnovers Calories. You can cook Sloppy Joe Turnovers using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Turnovers
- You need of ground beef.
- Prepare of onion salt.
- It’s of ketchup.
- Prepare of sour cream.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of canned refrigerated flaky biscuits.
- It’s of butter, melted.
We had his family over and I agreed to make sloppy joes. I panicked knowing mine were not up to I have never been a fan of Sloppy Joes made from canned Manwich. But this recipe was great, the. Step away from the canned sauce and give these homemade sloppy joes a try!
Sloppy Joe Turnovers instructions
- Cook ground beef with onion salt in large skillet, stirring continually, until ground beef is browned & crumbly. Drain in colander..
- Return ground beef mixture to skillet. Stir in ketchup, sour cream, salt, & Garlic powder..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Pat or roll each biscuit into a 4 inch square on a lightly floured surface. Spoon 1/4 cup of the ground beef mixture in the center of each biscuit square. Fold over the corner of each square to form a triangle. Seal edges with a fork..
- Arrange turnovers on ungreased cookie sheet. Cut three 1/2 inch slots in top of each turnover. Brush tops with melted butter..
- Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve..
They’re truly the best version of a childhood favorite! Homemade Sloppy Joes are SO EASY and tastes better! This Sloppy Joe recipe is a keeper you’ll I read somewhere that Sloppy Joes are a “Poor man’s barbecue”, and I blinked, somewhat bemused. A sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. These homemade sloppy joes are simple, comforting, and they go well with a big bunch of kettle cooked potato chips for Sloppy Joes.