Cuban Picadillo. This Cuban Picadillo recipe is my family's favorite! It's really quick and easy to make, I make it a few times a month and make enough so we have leftovers which are great in tacos, stuffed peppers. In this installment of la cocina, Jon gets help from his mom on How to Make Cuban Picadillo. — Don't forget to give this video a thumbs up and share it.
With a side salad and black beans. To make Picadillo soupier for serving over rice, add additional wine, chicken or beef stock. This Cuban recipe is a stew made of ground beef, tomatoes and seasonings. You can have Cuban Picadillo using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cuban Picadillo
- You need of potato (russet).
- You need of onion.
- You need of bell pepper.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of ground beef.
- Prepare of canned tomatos.
- You need of white wine.
- You need of green olives.
- You need of rasins.
- Prepare of cumin.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste.
Jump to Recipe Jump to Video. Cuban-Style Picadillo is a beef hash with potatoes, raisins, and olives. Redolent of warm spices like cumin and cinnamon, it's easy to make and delicious. This Cuban picadillo is flavorful and nourishing.
Cuban Picadillo step by step
- Peel and cut potato into half inch cubes and sautee on skillet until brown and crispy. Set aside..
- Dice onion and sautee on skillet until clear..
- Dice bell pepper and add to onion mixture..
- Add crushed garlic and cook until all three are cooked. Set aside..
- Put ground beef with on skillet and cook well. Add spices and keep stirring. Once cooked, drain oil and add veggie mix..
- Add white wine and let liquid reduce..
- Add canned tomatoes with juice and let reduce again..
- Add rasins and quartered olives. Let raisins absorb some of the moisture..
- Add potatoes and serve..
It's a flavorful and filling way to turn simple ground beef in a delicious. Keto Cuban Picadillo, because this girl grew up on picadillo and it was time a low carb keto-friendly version made an appearance. When it comes to foods I associate with comfort, a Cuban picadillo is. Cuban Picadillo is basically a sloppy joe without the bun. But picadillo has a little more pizzazz, thanks to the Like Filipino Kaldereta, the ingredients in Cuban Picadillo are a reflection of its history.