Pepper Steak & Rice. Jamaican Pepper Steak is a Central American and Caribbean sliced beef dish that can be traced back hundreds of years to the first settlers and enslaved settlers that arrived from Europe and Africa to the region. We like to use both red and green peppers (because they make the dish so dang pretty!), but you can swap in whatever colors you like best. Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week.
This pepper steak stir fry is thinly sliced flank steak cooked with red and green bell peppers in a savory sauce. A quick and easy meal that tastes even better than take out! Pepper steak is an easy stir-fry dish consisting of tender steak and bell peppers. You can cook Pepper Steak & Rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pepper Steak & Rice
- You need 2 of large steaks (thinly sliced).
- Prepare 2 cups of white long grain rice.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Red, yellow, orange, green bell peppers(chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion (chopped).
- You need of Kosher salt.
- It’s of Course black pepper.
- You need of Canola oil.
- You need 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of Oil.
Many recipes also include onions and tomatoes, and you can prepare the dish with or without an accompanying sauce. This pepper steak recipe is straightforward with only a handful of ingredients. Pepper steak mainly consists of thinly sliced beef and bell peppers. Easy Chinese Pepper Steak will quickly become a family stir-fry favorite.
Pepper Steak & Rice step by step
- Cook the rice, 6 cups water, 2 tbs. oil, 2 cups rice.
- In a large freezer bag add, all the other ingredients seal shake and, let sit..
- In a large cast iron skillet add, oil just to cover the bottom of skillet when oil is hot add meat mixture and, cook till meat is tender..
- When rice is tender drain and, add to meat mixture and, enjoy..
This American rendition of the classic Chinese Pepper Steak is. Pepper Steak is an easy stir-fry. Tender sliced beef is cooked with bell peppers in a savory sauce. This pepper steak recipe from Food.com is the perfect classic dish for any gathering. Classic Steak au Poivre, or steak with a creamy peppercorn sauce.