Spicy – Orange Asian Beef.
You can cook Spicy – Orange Asian Beef using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy – Orange Asian Beef
- Prepare 1 lb. of flank steak, thinly sliced crosswise.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 2 Tbs. of grated orange peel (divided).
- It’s 3 Tbs. of juiced orange.
- You need 6-7 Tbs. of sesame oil (divided).
- You need 1 of small onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3 cups of broccoli florets.
- You need 2 Tsp. of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of minced garlic.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of oyster sauce (or hoisin sauce).
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar or sherry).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 Tbs. of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Garnish:.
- You need 4 of large green onions, sliced on an angle.
- You need Dash of sesame seeds / Sriracha sauce (optional).
- You need 3-4 cups of cooked rice.
Spicy – Orange Asian Beef step by step
- Slice the beef (across the grain) into very thin strips. Optimal length is 2.5” [Tip: freeze the meat for 15 minutes beforehand for easier, thinner slicing].
- Place the strips in a bowl (or a strainer), add the cornstarch and mix this around to coat. Set aside..
- Grate the orange skin onto a small plate. Cut the orange in half and juice the liquid into a glass measuring cup. Add "half" of the peel to the cup..
- Begin cooking the rice (20 minutes). Prepare the rest of the ingredients. Put the sauce ingredients into a cup with the OJ and mix..
- Add oil to a heated wok (or fry pan) over medium-high heat. Sauté the vegetables (bell pepper / broccoli first) until they’re soft. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside..
- Add a dash of oil to the pan, along with the garlic and ginger. Next add the cup of sauce ingredients. Heat for 3 minutes. Transfer back to the cup and set aside..
- Add more oil to the pan and stir fry the beef until it is lightly browned. For large amounts, stir fry the beef in batches..
- Pour the sauce (and stir-fried vegetables) back into the pan with the beef and heat this through while stirring..
- You can cook down the sauce further to thicken it or leave it slightly thinner as customary. Add green onions and some peel zest..
- Serve over a bed of rice. Top with sesame seeds and Sriracha sauce for added flavor and/or heat..