Crispy orange peel beef. A delicious crispy and sweet, yet mildly spiced beef stir-fry recipe. Great served with steamed rice and broccoli. I also omitted the orange peel as it really didn't need it.
Only peel off the orange colored part. Thinly slice the orange peels into long strips. Orange Beef – Crispy beef in a crazy delicious orange sauce. You can cook Crispy orange peel beef using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy orange peel beef
- You need of beef.
- You need of beef for stir fry (thinly sliced steak of your choice).
- Prepare of cornstarch.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of each, salt and pepper.
- It’s of sauce.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of grated ginger.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of Orange marmalade.
- It’s of water, divided.
- It’s of beef bouillon cube.
- Prepare of soy sauce.
- Prepare of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
- It’s of cornstarch.
- It’s of sliced scallions, for garnish.
This homemade orange beef recipe is healthier and so much better than Chinese takeout. Imagine deep-fried, crispy, golden brown and battered beef cubes doused in sticky, sweet, savory and tangy orange sauce. Add hot pepper and orange peel, Stir briefly. Crispy orange beef typically starts with strips of sliced beef, but here we're swapping in quicker-cooking, budget-friendly ground beef.
Crispy orange peel beef step by step
- Season steak with salt and pepper, then toss in cornstarch..
- In small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and saute garlic and ginger until golden. Then add 1/2 cup water, bouillon cube, marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered..
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium high. Flick water on pan. When it sizzles, add the steak. Cook until brown and slightly crispy..
- When steak is nearly done, combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup water in small lidded container. Shake until smooth. Add to sauce and simmer until thickened..
- Serve steak with the sauce on the side. Garnish with scallions…
Before doing anything else, take the beef out of the fridge. The longer it has to come close to room temperature, the better. The meat will cook more evenly and crisp. The beef needs to get crisp and if you add it at one time it'll steam and get gummy instead. If you want a richer deeper sesame flavor, add a teaspoon of sesame oil in with the.