Mongolian beef. Mongolian beef is a dish served in Chinese restaurants consisting of sliced beef, typically flank steak, usually made with onions. The beef is commonly paired with scallions or mixed vegetables and is. This Mongolian Beef recipe is a crispy homemade version that's less sweet and more flavorful than Our Mongolian Beef recipe has been one of the most popular Woks of Life recipes since we first.
Mongolian Beef is a take out favorite and even better made at home! Tender slices of beef are flash fried and then coated in a sweet. Mongolian beef recipe 蒙古牛肉 with video demonstration. You can cook Mongolian beef using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mongolian beef
- You need 1 lb of flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- It’s of for the sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
How to cook the beef crispy outside and Mongolian beef: Light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, Shaoxing wine (optional), dried red chili. Mongolian Beef is a combination of juicy beef steak, seared peppers, onions, and green scallions all brought together with a sweet & savory Mongolian beef sauce. Serve it over steamed rice for a meal. Needless to say, it's one of the classic Chinese-American dishes.
Mongolian beef instructions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1/2 cup water. Heat soy sauce mixture in a medium saucepan until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes; set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine flank steak and cornstarch..
- Heat 1/2 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add beef and fry until browned and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil..
- Add beef and soy sauce mixture to the saucepan over medium heat and cook until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in green onions. Serve immediately..
I grew up eating it at Panda Express and I enjoyed every bite. Mongolian beef has quickly become a favorite in our house! Mongolian beef is made with steak (usually flank steak) that is coated in a starch (like corn starch or arrowroot). I find that when I crave Asian food, I'm either looking for something light, fresh and healthy; or something more indulgent, like a crispy, saucy and flavorful. Homemade Mongolian Beef is so easy to make!