Lobster Corn Chowder.
You can cook Lobster Corn Chowder using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lobster Corn Chowder
- You need 2-1,5 of -2lb Steamed Cooked Lobster.
- It’s 1 of Shallot Chopped.
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves Chopped.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- You need 8 of medium Yukon Gold Potatoes cubed skin on.
- It’s 3 slices of Bacon chop in 1 inch slices.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp Olive Oil.
- It’s 4 of tblsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 cups of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1.5 cups of corn kernals fresh or frozen.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Half and Half.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of kosher or sea salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of Tblsp chopped parsley.
- You need 1 tsp of tarragon fresh or dry.
Lobster Corn Chowder step by step
- In a large sauce pan add oil, then add bacon, cook bacon till crispy but not burnt drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Add shallot, onion, garlic and butter saute till softened do not burn, add chicken broth, water, ham and half and potatoes cook on medium to high heat till potatoes are cooked through.
- In the mean time take lobster meat out of shells a chop to your preference I did 1/2 inch cuts, mix with uncooked corn.
- Once potatoes are cooked add lobster meat, corn salt and pepper, then mix milk and corn starch in a small bowl to make a slurry add to pan cook for a half hour stirring occasionally..
- Serve in 4 medium bowls, sprinkle bacon on top with tarragon and parsley..enjoy with toasted garlic bread..