Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl. These Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls are a healthy and hearty way to enjoy your morning meal! They're also Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free and Grain Free. These Sweet Potato Bowls are kind of like a smoothie bowl…but warm!
If you don't like sweet If you follow my food Instagram, you may've seen this sweet potato breakfast bowl pop up before. I'd seen people add almond butter to sweet potatoes. This sweet potato breakfast bowl goes savory with toasted sesame oil, sautéed spinach and scallions, crunchy vegan coconut bacon, and poached eggs. You can cook Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl
- Prepare 1/4 of Sweet Potato, diced.
- It’s 3 of Mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 C. of Kale, chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbs. of Onion, diced.
- It’s 1/4 of Red Bell Pepper, diced.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of Salt.
- It’s 1/8 tsp. of Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1/2 C. of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
Sweet Potatoes and Eggs for Breakfast (or lunch, or dinner). My favorite breakfast at the time was a bowl of savory oats topped with greens and. Chop and roast sweet potato for a chunkier breakfast bowl. Roast plain or add spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and a pinch of sea salt.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl step by step
- In a sauté pan, on medium heat, start cooking sweet potato..
- When potato is about halfway done and starting to soften; add in mushrooms, kale, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until potato is soft and kale has started to wilt..
- In another frying pan, on medium heat, scramble the eggs..
- In two bowls, divide up the eggs. Then top with half of the veggie mixture and half (¼ C. each) of the cheese..
Bake sweet potatoes whole or in halves, then peel and mash or puree and use that for the base of your bowl. Why didn't I think of this?! How to Make Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl. Bake an entire bag of sweet potatoes. Peel them while they're still slightly warm -they're easier to peel that way- cool to room temperature, and store covered in the fridge.