Cantonese style lobster. Reviews for: Photos of Cantonese Style Lobster. Cantonese Style Lobster. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Learn how to cook Cantonese Style Lobster.
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases. Cantonese Style Lobster is my go-to New Year's dish that I make every single year. You can have Cantonese style lobster using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cantonese style lobster
- It’s 2 small of 1 pound fresh live lobster..
- It’s 1/3 cup of peanut oil divided..
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It’s 1 slice of fresh ginger root, minced..
- It’s 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3 of green onions chopped..
- It’s 1 of bullion chicken.
There are many ways to cook Cantonese style lobster. Some recipes call for egg; others for pork. Red is for Valentine's Day and for Chinese New Year too! Eating lobsters is not an everyday affair because where ever you go this seafood is quite expensive but there are days where the price drops and have the opportunity to grab several of these without selling.
Cantonese style lobster step by step
- Boil lobster for about 4 minutes then Rinse the lobster, and hold the belly up. At the bottom of the tail there is a small opening stick a long answer in it to drain any urine left in its body. Then crack the tail off and chop it into small pieces. Crack the claws in half as well. Chop the body in small pieces..
- Heat half of the peanut oil in a deep heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the crushed garlic and fry for about 1 minute. Throw in the lobster pieces and fry until they are cooked through about 4 – 5 minutes. Remove the lobster and garlic mixture to a dish and keep warm..
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the minced ginger for couple minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil stirring constantly. In a small bowl mix together the sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and Brown sugar until well blended. Add the sherry mixture to the pan and stir-fry for a minute or two, until the sauce becomes thick and somewhat clear..
- Stir in the green onions and turn the heat off. Finally return the lobster to the pan and cook over low heat for a few minutes to blend the flavours. Transfer to a serving dish and let stand covered for a few minutes before serving..
Try this authentic version of Lobster Cantonese, a famous Cantonese recipe where deep-fried lobster is coated with a savory sauce. Chinese Style LOBSTER: BOSTON Lobster Tour. For the best results in preparing this attractive Chinese dish cook the lobster pieces as quickly as possible. Cantonese language, pronunciation and special characters. Lobster is a popular and decadent dish in Cantonese and Taiwanese cooking.