You can cook Beef Stroganoff using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- It’s of Beef Steaks *thinly sliced into strips.
- It’s of Large Onion *sliced.
- Prepare of Mushroom (about 300g) *sliced.
- It’s of Garlic *finely chopped.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Plain Flour.
- It’s of Ground Paprika.
- It’s of Beef Stock (OR Water 1 cup and Beef Stock Cube 1).
- It’s of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Salt & Cracked Pepper.
- Prepare of Freshly cooked Rice, Pasta or Mashed Potato to serve.
Beef Stroganoff step by step
- Heat Canola Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook Beef strips until browned. Transfer cooked Beef to a bowl or plate so that you can cook vegetables separately next..
- Add Butter to the pan. Cook Onion and Garlic until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes or until mushrooms are tender..
- Return the Beef to the pan. Add Flour and Paprika and cook for a minute. Then add Beef Stock (or Water and Beef Stock Cube)..
- Bring it to the boil. Check the flavour and add Salt if needed. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream and it’s done..
- Serve with freshly cooked rice, pasta or mashed potato and a plenty of Cracked Pepper..