You can cook Eggs Benedict using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- It’s of For the benedict.
- It’s of or 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- You need of large egg yolks.
- It’s of Fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare of Cayenne.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of For the poached eggs:.
- Prepare of Tbso. White distilled vinegar.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s of large eggs.
- Prepare of For the hollandaise:and assembly:.
- It’s of English muffins, split.
- You need of Canadian bacon or thick-cut ham.
- It’s of Unsalted butter.
- It’s of Chopped chives or green onions.
- You need of Chopped dill or 2 tsp. Dried dill.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Eggs Benedict instructions
- Make the hollandaise: Melt the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat until it's foamy but not yet beginning to brown, 3-4 minutes..
- Place egg yolks and 2 tsp. water into a blender. Start blender and then very slowly add the hot, melted butter until fully combined. Add lemon juice and cayenne, season with salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl with plastic wrap directly on the surface so the top doesn't create a skin on top. Set aside..
- Poach the eggs: Crack eggs into a strainer and let the watery whites run out. There will still be whites remaining. Fill a sauce pan with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar and salt and bring to a simmer. Just starting to bubble not boil. Using a spoon stir water until it is swirling. Carefully drop 1 or 2 eggs at a time into center of vortex, allowing the whites to envelop the yolks. 4-5 minutes until whites are set and yolk still runny. Repeat with remaining eggs..
- Use splotted spoon to remove eggs and place on paper towels or clean dish towel to drain..
- Toast choice of bread in toaster or oven until golden brown..
- Cook Canadian bacon or ham in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown and just crisp around the edges. About 6 minutes..
- Assemble: Place 8 halves of bagels or choice of bread on a plate and butter generously. Top each with Canadian bacon or ham, and poached egg. Spoon hollandaise sauce over top and aprinle with dill, sea salt, cayenne and pepper..