Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT. A Southern twist on a BLT swapping out the ripe red tomatoes for crispy fried green tomatoes and adding some tasty pimento cheese. Sorry about the lack of updates this past week; I had some computer problems which are hopefully resolved now! Mix the masa harina, cornmeal and creole seasoning and place it in a wide and shallow dish.
Fried Green Tomato BLT with Pimento Cheese sandwich hits all the right notes and oozes Southern flavors. Some of you may already be familiar with this sandwich combination. Featuring homemade jalapeño cornbread, pimento cheese spread, classic fried green tomatoes, and plenty of bacon, this recipe may be involved, but it is beyond worth it..with my fried green tomato BLTs just like I do with regular BLTs and this time I was thinking about a new version with pimento cheese. You can cook Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT
- It’s 1 of green tomato.
- It’s 1 of panko bread cumbs.
- You need 1 of flour.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Prepare 1 of prepared pimento cheese.
- Prepare 1 of bacon.
- Prepare 1 of ciabatta roll.
Normally adding cheese to a BLT might not be the first thing that would come to mind but the addictively good, sweet, spicy and creamy pimento cheese finds a. House made Pimento cheese, crispy bacon, fried green tomatoes and romaine lettuce. And that Fried Green Tomato BLT was one heck of a delicious way to use those last few tomatoes from the garden! Have you ever made fried green tomatoes?
Fried green tomato pimento cheese BLT instructions
- Slice 1inch slices of green tomato season with salt,pepper, garlic & onion powder.
- Create a breading station: 1plate for flour, 1plate for panko & 1 bowl for egg wash.
- Season a plate of flour & a plate of panko bread crumbs the same way as the tomatoes. *tomatoes take a lot of seasoning.
- Make an egg wash w/ 1 egg splash of water or buttermilk season well.
- Dip the tomato slices in egg wash-flour-egg wash & then panko shaking off the extra with each step.
- Fry the breaded slices in a pan of shallow(just enough 2 cover bottom of pan well) cooking oil. After cooking drain on paper bag or paper towels.
- Crisp up your bacon in oven or microwave figuring about 4 slices per sandwich. After cooking drain on paper bags or towels.
- Slice open your ciabatta roll & lightly butter the outside then sprinkle lightly w/ garlic powder. Spread the pimento cheese on the interior. Put together then grill sandwich in a pan.
- After sandwich is browned on both sides & cheese is melted remove from pan. Open sandwich add a few fried tomato slices & your bacon then enjoy!.
That's a new one for me. I've recently started adding cream to my grits. Come into the kitchen with us and let's get to cooking again. Here we attempted fried green tomatoes with a twist — or shall we say stuffing — Pimento. This Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Dog is inspired by Frank's Southern Belle Hot Dog that I devoured while in Austin last month.