Scallion cheese scones. Toss in the cheese and scallions. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm or at room temperature. These delicious savory scones have cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and scallions for a freshly baked brunch treat!
Grab the recipe for these savory Cheese and Scallion Scones that you'll want to slather with butter, top with scrambled eggs and bacon Cheese and Scallion Scones. These scallion and cheese scones are delicious and the perfect side dish for dinner. Scones require minimal effort to make, plus they're fun to play with custom flavors. You can have Scallion cheese scones using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scallion cheese scones
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of sugar.
- Prepare of butter, cold.
- You need of small egg.
- Prepare of milk.
- It’s of scallions.
- It’s of cheddar cheese slices.
Mix in the cheese, chives (or scallions) and bacon until evenly distributed. Remove them from the oven, and. Irish Cheddar Cheese Scones are savory buttermilk scones brimming with pockets of melty Irish cheddar cheese and fragrant fresh scallions. They're cheesey, they're oniony, what more could you.
Scallion cheese scones instructions
- Chop the scallions and sliced cheese into small pieces..
- On a dry pan, lightly sauté the chopped scallions on low heat, until it turns light brown. Transfer them to a plate and let it cool completely..
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar..
- Dice the butter into small pieces. Make sure the butter is cold and firm, straight from the fridge..
- In the bowl with the flour mixture, add the diced butter and, with your fingers, gently rub the butter with the flour mixture. They should not melt, but should be crumbled into a size of a grain and fully covered with flour..
- Beat the egg and add half of the mixture into the bowl. Add scallions, milk, and cheese and mix it slightly but thoroughly with a fork. Once the dough starts to stick together, clump it into one large lump..
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least an hour..
- Cut the dough into 4 even pieces, and brush the top with the leftover beaten egg. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius, until golden brown. Serve warm..
I highly recommend investing in a couple of heavy duty commercial rimmed. Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Add pieces of cold butter and cut them into the powders using a pastry cutter or rub then into the. While Cheddar Scallion Scones aren't a new flavor combo, it is one of those classics that will never, ever I also stirred in some sliced green onions (scallions) and a handful of sharp cheddar cheese. Bacon and Cheese Scones Recipe Demonstration – Joyofbaking.com.