Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳. "The one thing you need to make a perfect breakfast skillet? But it really makes all the difference." About this one? Need a reason to get the campfire started in the morning?
While you have the margarine melting in the warming skillet, chop the potatoes, leaving the skins on. Southwest seasoned ground turkey and scrambled eggs are topped with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and salsa. It's perfect for meal prep, a weekend breakfast or even dinner! You can cook Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳
- It’s of frozen hash browns.
- It’s of diced purple onion.
- Prepare of diced portobello mushrooms.
- You need of diced green pepper.
- It’s of of a jalepeno FINELY diced.
- You need of diced cheddar smoked sausage or you could use ground Chorizo.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of shredded Mexican cheese.
- Prepare of corn tortilla cut into thin strips.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, sazon, adobo.
I can't even tell you how nice it's been this week to have our house back and not under construction. Bold and flavorful with a hint of spice, this southwest breakfast skillet is a great (and healthy) way to start your morning! Soutwestern Breakfast Skillet. ~ This easy Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Scramble recipe is a fresh, healthy take on restaurant "skillet" breakfasts. So good … true breakfast comfort food!
Southwest skillet breakfast 🍳 step by step
- Heat oil to 375 either in a deep fryer or put a half inch of oil in a shallow fry pan and heat to 375..
- Fry tortilla strips until crispy and place them on a paper towel. Fry both eggs to desired doneness in the same oil..
- In a pan mix the potatoes, onion, peppers and spices and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat..
- Remove and place in a bowl and top with eggs and tortillas strips and cheese..
- You can serve with salsa and tortillas if you like..
- Mix in mushrooms and your smoked sausage. Cook another 5-7 minutes until hash brown potatoes are crispy..
Filled with peppers, onions, cheese and even a bit of smoky bacon. Bonus: Not only is it simple to toss together, but leftovers reheat brilliantly. Southwest Chicken Skillet with Corn and Zucchini is the perfect veggie-loaded dinner made all in one pot! This veggie-loaded chicken dish is perfect for weeknight cooking! This recipe is from Mary Younkin's new book The Weekday Lunches and Breakfasts Cookbook (affil.