Omu rice (Japanese style Rice omelette). Today's recipe is Omurice, or Japanese Omelette Rice. I received a lot of requests from readers for this recipe and I was a bit surprised how popular this dish is. At most Japanese restaurants we have in the Bay Area, Omurice is not even on the menu, but I think this.
A plain omelet cloaks ketchup-flavored fried rice, often called "chicken rice" even. With a fluffy omelette covering a bed of savory sweet chicken fried rice, omurice (オムライス) is a modern Japanese classic With sweet and savory chicken and tomato fried rice on the inside, and the possibility to decorate the top with hearts, stars, and. Easy and delicious Japanese comfort food. You can have Omu rice (Japanese style Rice omelette) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Omu rice (Japanese style Rice omelette)
- Prepare of Steamed rice.
- Prepare of Chicken breast or thigh, cut into a small dices.
- It’s of Onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of Green pepper or paprika or carrot….yes you can use any vegetables as you like.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Milk.
- It’s of Ketchup.
- You need of Salt, Black peper.
- It’s of Oil.
Serve with more ketchup, and make it fun by writing a message on the omurice or the plate. Omurice (Japanese Rice Omelette) is another Western-influenced Japanese dish. It is an omelette with It is basically an omelette with ketchup-flavoured chicken fried rice inside it. The word 'omurice' or 'omuraisu' (オムライス) is a typical Japanese-made English dish.
Omu rice (Japanese style Rice omelette) step by step
- Heat the oil in the pan and sauté chicken and vegetables on medium heat. Season with ketchup, a pinch of salt and black pepper BEFORE adding the steamed rice. This is a tip to season evenly. Then add the rice and mix well..
- Beat eggs with milk and a pinch of salt. Set another pan (I normally use 8') and heat the oil. Then spread the half of beaten egg. When the egg comes half cooked, put one small bowl of cooked rice..
- Slide it to the opposite side of the handle, and fold far side toward yourself using chopsticks or turner. Then fold front side to cover the half of the rice like the photo. If you can make omelette nocking the handle, it's of course the best way to rap the rice beautifully into the egg!.
- It requires a small technique to shift the omurice to a plate. You can do as you like and find your way, but as for me, I set a plate just under the edge of the pan where the omurice is, and move the pan like to cover the plate. Make the shape wth kitchen cloth or paper if necessary. Enjoy with ketchup or tomato sauce or demi-glace sauce..
Japanese Omelette-Topped Ketchup Fried Rice With Chicken (Omurice). For those unfamiliar with omurice, it's a Japanese invention that combines an omelette with fried rice. You'll often hear it referred to as omuraisu (a contraction of the words omuretsu and. As I explained to Rowena in my last posting, "Omu Raisu" or Japanese-style Omelette is a very popular dish, hot or cold among Japanese, young or old. The basic way is to fry leftover rice with bits and pieces and seasoning, and preferably tomato sauce.