English muffin & sausage casserole. English muffins are very different — they are a bit chewey, and they have a coarser crumb with lots of big holes that leave all the bumps and ridges that make them very crispy when toasted. English muffins are stovetop affairs — no need to turn on the oven! Cook them in a large skillet Note to self: Make English muffins way more often.
This Homemade English Muffins recipe is so much easier than you think! Homemade English Muffins Anyone Can Make. This recipe turned out to be a winner and it's actually quite simple. You can cook English muffin & sausage casserole using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of English muffin & sausage casserole
- Prepare of thomas english muffins.
- It’s of softened butter.
- You need of maple syrup.
- You need of mild ground sausage.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of whole milk.
- You need of salt.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of pimentos chopped.
- It’s of chedder cheese shredded.
A flat, disc-like bread roll, traditionally given its appearance by cooking both sides of a ball of soft dough on a very hot plate so that the bread is scorched on either side. English Muffins start with an overnight rise so that they are nearly ready to be baked off in the morning. Once baked, they get split open with a fork(!!!) to reveal all of those classic nooks and. After baking your English Muffins, make sure to let them cool completely.
English muffin & sausage casserole instructions
- Toast all of the english muffins then cut into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Brown and crumble ground sausage in a skillet till done.
- Beat eggs with salt, pepper and milk then mix in pimentos.
- Mix 1/2 cup softened butter with maple syrup then melt in the microwave till fully melted.
- In a 13 × 9 inch baking dish spray with cooking oil.
- Add half of the muffin pieces, then use a spoon too drizzle on about 1/4 cup of butter mixture on the english muffins pieces, add half of the sausage and pour on half of the egg mixture, then sprinkle on 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layer..
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator while oven is pre heating to 375 degrees.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes then enjoy.
Once they are cooled, you can either freeze or refrigerate them. When refrigerated they'll keep for about a week. The English muffin might not be a muffin at all, but it certainly is a versatile pantry staple. Explore all of the possibilities below, from perfectly-portioned pizzas to some of the quickest lunches you'll ever. This English muffin recipe is so easy (no oven needed) and DELICIOUS.