Nessa's Philly Cheese Steak. Nessas Philly Cheese Steak – Perfect Lunch Ideas "cheese steak With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored with your midday. I grew up in Philly where we hired the chef from Jim's Steaks to come to our Frat house and teach us their method. This Best Philly Cheesesteak recipe boasts crazy tender, marinated steak, flavorful crisp tender bell peppers and ooey gooey cheese all sandwich in between a hoagie bun.
All About the Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. While this authentic sandwich has proved itself to be a street food favorite, it is also an excellent dish to make at home. Being from Philly, and no longer living there, this recipe caught my eye. You can cook Nessa's Philly Cheese Steak using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nessa's Philly Cheese Steak
- You need 3 of Boneless Ribeye or NY strip, cut into thin 1 inch strips.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Season Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Fresh Black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 10 slice of Velveta cheese, cut it of the brick or Use Cheez Whiz.
- Prepare 2 large of Yellow onion, sliced.
- Prepare 3 large of Green bell pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 6 of French rolls, split lengthwise.
It is however, NOT by any stretch of the imagination a "Philly Cheese Steak". Steak must be much thinner, cheese should be provolone and mixed in with the meat, and I've never had green peppers on one, unless they were hot. This Philly Cheesesteak Recipe is a classic combination of thinly sliced steak and melted cheese in a soft and crusty roll. Philly steak sandwiches are easy to make at home and rival the best philly cheesesteaks in Philadelphia!
Nessa's Philly Cheese Steak instructions
- Place Ribeye in a large bowl. Coat with vegetable oil. In a small bowl, mix together seasoning – season salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Rub all over beef..
- Let the Ribeye marinate while chopping/slicing your onions and green bell peppers. Put into small bowl and coat with oil and seasoning..
- Heat Sauté pan or Skillet on High. Sear meat on all sides. Cook for a minute per side. Once done, let the meat rest until cool to touch. Cut thin slices. It should be med/rare..
- Reduce heat to Med and throw in the onions and green bell peppers. Sauté until onions are translucent and green bell peppers are soft..
- Preheat oven on Broiler setting. Divide the meat between the rolls, layer with onion and green pepper, then top with sliced velveta cheese or Pour on Cheez Whiz. Place on cookie sheet, and broil until cheese is melted..
- Bon Appétit :).
- Optional Topping: Add Chicago Hot Giardiniera or Mayo.
A cheesesteak (also known as a Philadelphia cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, cheesesteak sandwich, cheese steak, or steak and cheese). I'm so glad I finally made these Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches. They're as close to authentic as you can get, though local Philly people will surely argue. I first had Philly cheese steak when we visited my Aunt and her family in Philadelphia and were introduced to this favorite (along with water ice and fresh pretzels). I baked the flavors of a Philly cheese steak into a bell pepper shell, which intensifies the flavor and provides a more nutritious shell.