Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Crispy potato pancakes topped with caramelized onions, smoked salmon and dill sour cream. I would serve two of these as a first course per person While onions are cooking, grate potatoes. Squeeze potatoes in paper towels to release as much liquid as possible.
For the potato pancakes, fill a pan with boiling salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. You can cook Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- Prepare of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- You need of small onion.
- Prepare of of a beaten egg.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Frying oil.
- It’s of Smoked salmon.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- It’s of Capers.
- You need of Fresh dill.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
Peel potatoes, rinse and grate on the large holes of a box grater into a bowl. Add the eggs and flour, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Serve pancakes with topped with salmon and salmon caviar and garnish as desired with edible flowers. Prepare potato pancake mix according to box instructions.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon step by step
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Add parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to dry. When slightly cooled, spread sour cream on top, sprinkle red onion and lay the smoked salmon. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar. Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as necessary.