Meatloaf the old fashioned way. For dinner tonight, try Paula Deen's Old-Fashioned Meatloaf recipe, a comforting Southern classic from Food Network. This classic meatloaf recipe will be a family favorite for years to come. You can't go wrong serving this dish alongside buttery creamed potatoes and fresh green beans!
This classic comfort food recipe is one you'll want to add to your recipe box. Creole and Greek seasonings pack the meatloaf with flavor that the whole family will enjoy. Worcestershire sauce mixed into ketchup creates a tasty topping that will help the meatloaf stay. You can cook Meatloaf the old fashioned way using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meatloaf the old fashioned way
- It’s 1/3 lb of – ground pork.
- It’s 1/3 lb of – ground veal.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of – 93% ground beef.
- Prepare 20 of – bacon flavored Ritz crackers.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of – diced yellow pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of – diced red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of – diced onion.
- You need 1/3 Cup of – ketchup.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of – Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of – yellow mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbsp of – salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of – pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 Tbsp of – celery salt.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of – onion salt.
Click here to add your own comments. If a person uses bread crumbs like I tried, the meatloaf comes out like thick with a gritty texture. I went back to my southern, old fashioned "saltine crackers" and it came out great just like before. Not like we need another meatloaf recipe, but I figured I'd should post my Grandma's for people like me who like a quick easy meatloaf without a lot of fuss.
Meatloaf the old fashioned way step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crush the Ritz crackers.
- Mix all ingredients together, squeezing everything with your hands to ensure that all items are mixed together very well.
- Form the mixture into 2 loafs in a foil lined baking or casserole dish.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray and cover.
- Bake for 1 hr. I add slices of Velveeta cheese on top..
I haven't been adventurous enough to try any flavored bread crumbs. Make sure lean ground beef is used otherwise the meatloaf can get too. If you are looking for a great old-fashioned, homemade meatloaf, that's easy to make with great flavor, this is it. I love Paula's approach to simple. Moist and tender homemade meatloaf is old fashioned comfort food.