Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese. Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer 's instructions. Classic grilled cheese sandwiches are pressed in the waffle iron for extra crispy nooks and crannies! Did you know you can do WAY more with your waffle iron than just make waffles?
Consider plopping, dribbling, or otherwise putting any of the following on those hot little dimples. My aunt Ruth made the best grilled cheese sandwiches, bar none. Decades before most people in this country had ever heard of panini, she used a waffle iron to make them with buttered caraway rye bread and Muenster cheese. You can have Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese
- You need 2 slice of bread.
- Prepare 2 slice of cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Making grilled cheese in your waffle iron? Looking to utilize your waffle iron a little more? Making grilled cheese in your waffle iron is so easy. Make one with tater tots for a deliciously indulgent brunch!
Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese step by step
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. 30 seconds in my microwave did the trick. If your butter is soft, and not straight out of the fridge like mine, you can spread directly on bread..
- Butter one side of each slice of bread..
- Place two slices of cheese on the non buttered side. You want the butter on the outside!.
- Sandwichify and place on HOT waffle iron. Buttered side is on the outside of the sandwich!.
- Lightly press the waffle iron down for about 60 seconds until the grilled cheese is golden and crispy..
If you've never tried a Waffle Iron Grilled Cheese, you totally should! Making grilled cheese in the waffle maker gives it a nice texture. Bread, cheese, mayo, and mustard and sandwiched together in a waffle iron in this clever makeover meal: waffle iron grilled cheese! In a large bowl, combine waffle mix, rosemary, egg, oil, and milk. Place a sandwich in the iron and close gently (do not squash down sandwich).