Pumpkin rice krispies. Make the Rice Krispies filling: Add the butter and pumpkin pie spice to a medium saucepan set over. Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats – Such a fun easy treat the whole family will love, especially the kids! Traditional rice krispies treats are tinted orange and topped with a pretzel stick and shaped green.
Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece. Pumpkin Rice Krispies Treats: In this Instructable I will show you how to make Pumpkin Rice This recipe for rice krispies treats is super easy to make and they are perfect for Halloween. An easy recipe for Rice Krispies treats flavored with pumpkin purée and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can cook Pumpkin rice krispies using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin rice krispies
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 packages of mini marshmallows (I think it's 8-10 oz).
- You need 1 tsp of orange food dye (neon preferred).
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 5 cup of rice krispie cereal.
- You need 15 of mini tootsie rolls.
- You need 1 of green icing.
Shape a Tootsie Roll into a pumpkin stem and place on the top of each. How to make the Pumpkin Patch Rice Krispie Treats. Stir in the Rice Krispies and mix until completely coated in the melted marshmallows. Rice Krispie treats get transformed into jack-o'-lanterns in this adorable Halloween recipe!
Pumpkin rice krispies instructions
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a medium/large saucepan until its a liquid..
- Remove from heat. Stir in food dye, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I really wanted to try it with pumpkin pie spice too but I was out 😞 let me know how it goes if you try that though! Also, you need the extra food dye because the cereal washes out the color..
- Stir in cereal until well combined..
- Once it cools down a bit (5minutes), mold them into balls, sticking the tootsie rolls in the middle as shown. It's pretty sticky so you'll probably need to keep your hands wet for this..
- When I did it, some of the balls fell apart as they were cooling. Super annoying. All you can really do is continue to remold them. They won't fall apart anymore after they cool..
- Once they cool completely (30 minutes or so), add green icing in the form of leaves..
These vibrant orange balls also make great Halloween decorations or party centerpieces. Why rice krispie treats are truly the apple of my eye is because they are the perfect "blank canvas" recipe. There's so much room for creating something showy and unique. Form small balls into the shape of a pumpkin (Tip: Add Non-Stick Cooking Spray (Pam) or Crisco to your hands before forming your balls). Cut Tootsie Roll in Half and add a half into.