(Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry. Serve this easy side with dals or curries or add to a bowl. When Sweet Potatoes and Chard meet, you make Saag Aloo. Saag means greens or a dish made of greens, and Aloo is potatoes.
These spiced-up curried potatoes are simple to make and are an interesting side dish for chicken or fish entrees. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Aloo is a South Asian term for potatoes, and curry is a signature spice of. Aloo Sabzi or potato curry is easy potato curry in onion tomato gravy. Batata sabzi,Urulai Kizhangu Curry, Bangaladumpa kora, vegan potato curry Aloo Sabzi, Alu sabzi, batata bhaji or potato curry as there are many names it's also made in various method, potato is one vegetable that get's paried. You can cook (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry
- You need of large sweet potatoes OR.
- It’s of potatoes.
- Prepare of garlic (minced ca.50-60g).
- You need of fresh turmeric or 6tsp dried.
- You need of medium onions (diced ca.965g).
- You need of coconut oil.
- Prepare of =21g curry powder.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of = cinnamon.
- Prepare of =7c diced tomatoes.
- You need of date (or maple) syrup.
- It’s of full-fat coconut milk.
- It’s of c=850g frozen peas.
- Prepare of If needed:.
- It’s of More coconut milk or veg broth.
- You need of Decorate with:.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- Prepare of Fresh julienne cut ginger.
Potato curry is a pure veg curry made using diced potatoes in onion tomato gravy. This aloo curry is widely made all across south india. Potato curry shared with a video procedure here is suitable to be eaten with rice, roti or poori. If you are looking for more gravy recipes to be eaten with roti, paratha or.
(Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry instructions
- Dice (peal if you prefer) potatoes.
- Boil until 'al dente' – usually 10min if starting with salted boiling water.
- While boiling the potatoes prepare :.
- Mince garlic and turmeric finely or if mixer available use (in tmx speed 10 for 5sec).
- Chop onions finely (in tmx speed 5.5 for 5sec).
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat up OR if available into cooking mixer.
- If preparing in pan / pot :.
- Heat oil, fry onions till yellow translucent, then add garlic till fragrant.
- Add turmeric.
- Add spices.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook till it becomes pastelike for about half an hour at medium high temperature.
- If you're using the tmx: Varoma speed 1 set for 20-30 min.
- Add ingredients like in pot method with tomatoes being last addition.
- Now mix potatoes (or sweet potatoes) with the paste in large pot.
- Add coconut milk.
- 20min medium flame simmer with lid on.
- Add peas and let sit covered for 5min, flame turned off.
- Add date sirup and stir well.
- Serve with chopped cilantro or thai basil on top.
Aloo dum is a potato and pea curry which is possibly the most common vegetable curry in India. It's almost like chips with everything here, aloo dum with everything there. It's either easy to make or hard, depending on what you want to do with it. If I was describing it to somebody I'd just say boil potatoes. Heat oil in a hot pan, Saute cumin until they begin to sizzle.