Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes. For the creamiest mashed potatoes use whipping cream! If you are an onion lover, you will absolutely LOVE these mashed potatoes, this is a simple recipe but oh so good! Use russet potatoes only for this recipe, they make the best mashed potatoes!
Jason Alley uses rice as a thickener in this decadent and rustic soubise (an onion puree), loaded with cheese and smoky onions. Mashed potatoes with onion is the perfect side dish for many meat, fish and vegetable dishes. Step-by-step video of a very tasty mashed potatoes. You can have Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare of Onion Soubise.
- You need of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of sweet onions (Fine diced).
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of white pepper.
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s of Large russet potatoes (Peeled, halved).
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of White pepper.
It is prepared simply and quickly. Place all ingredients in small saucepan. Simmer uncovered over lowest possible heat until onions are very tender, and butter and water are reduced to silky sauce, stirring. The mashed potatoes absorb the sauces and all these flavors combined are like a spoon of heavenly creaminess coming straight to your mouth!
Onion Soubise Mashed Potatoes step by step
- In a medium sauce pan, place 7 tablespoons of butter, and the fine diced sweet onion. Place on low heat, stir often until onion is soft. (Slow is best, so be patient.).
- Once the onion is soft, and exhibits a sweet flavor, pour in the cream. Let this simmer on low until the cream cooks down into a nice thick constancy. Remove from heat, set aside. Note: Low and slow, with no burning is key..
- In a large sauce pan boil water, then add potatoes, cook until soft all the way through..
- While potatoes cook, blend the onion soubise to a creamy consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of cold unsalted butter during blending. Set aside after blending..
- Remove the potatoes from heat when soft all way through. Place 1 cup of heavy cream on low heat. Hand mash, machine mix, or blend potatoes to a creamy constancy. While mixing add stick of cold, unsalted butter, mix until butter is completely incorporated into the potatoes. At this point, pour into the potatoes the onion soubise and mix well. Add the heated cream as needed for desired mashed potato consistency..
- Salt & Pepper to taste..
- Heat if necessary & serve :).
These mashed potatoes hold well in the fridge for a few days, but if you like super creamy mashed potatoes like me, I recommend you reheat them in the. Add the onions to the drained potatoes and mash with a potato masher until broken down. Stir in the vegetable broth, garlic powder, remaining olive oil, and remaining salt. A wide variety of onion mashed potatoes options are available to you, such as taste, material, and feature. These simple, delicious mashed potatoes with caramelized onions are sure to delight your guests.