~Lobster Corn Chowder~. Reviews for: Photos of Lobster & Corn Chowder. Lobster & Corn Chowder. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Categories: Dutch Oven American Chowder Soup Celery Corn Recipes Bacon Recipes Lobster Shellfish Recipes Side Dish.
This recipe for lobster corn chowder is the perfect way to usher in fall. It's rich, flavorful and loaded Chowder is a humble soup. It's essentially peasant food for fishermen, made with inexpensive cuts of. You can have ~Lobster Corn Chowder~ using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ~Lobster Corn Chowder~
- You need 1 packages of diced panchetta.
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 3 of cooked & chopped lobster tails.
- It’s 4 of diced red potatoes.
- It’s 4 of celery stalks.
- You need 1 packages of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/2 of purple onion.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red jalapeno in jar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of diced chives.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of old bay seasonings.
- It’s 1 pinch of red chili flakes.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 of bayleaf.
- Prepare 1 cup of lobster stock.
Lobster Corn Chowder from Barefoot Contessa. Remove the meat from the shells of the lobsters. Cut the meat into large cubes and place them in a bowl. This delicious lobster chowder is packed with chunks of cooked lobster meat, corn, and vegetables.
~Lobster Corn Chowder~ step by step
- start by cooking your lobster tails in boiling water for 6 minutes take out of water & add to a ice bath. Once cooled take out meat dice and set aside. Save water you will be using as your stock.
- now dice all veggies set aside..
- in a stock pan add butter, celery & onion cook for about 2 minutes on med high heat, add all seasonings add flour & make your rue.cook down 2 more minutes add all liquids,Strain your lobster stock into pot with potatoes and cook for about 20 minutes till potatoes are tender.
- once potatoes are tender add frozen corn & lobster in & cook another 6-7 minutes top with chives.
Add some crab or shrimp to this chowder to turn it into a hearty seafood corn chowder. Fresh sweet summer corn and lobster are on display in this creamy New England chowder, subtly spiced with cayenne and black pepper. It is humanly impossible to dislike a lobster corn chowder. If they object, just say it's a regular corn chowder. If they ask what those lobster-esque looking chunks of meat are, tell them it's a type of. lobstah chowdah.