Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole. This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks! The great thing about this Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe is that it is perfect as a hearty game day appetizer, a potluck side dish, or a fun brunch recipe. Loaded with jalapeños, bacon, cream cheese and tater tots, this dish is deliciously filling and just what the doctor ordered for those chilly days when you can't face going outside.
FULL RECIPE (and printable recipe) HERE. I love tater tot casserole this recipe is much the same as mine but I don't add ketchup. Delicious Jalapeño Poppers Corn Casserole recipe. You can have Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole
- You need of packages of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- You need of sour cream.
- You need of Mexican Cheddar Jack Shredded Cheese, divided.
- Prepare of bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- You need of Jalapeno Peppers, deseeded and diced.
- Prepare of bag of tater tots.
- Prepare of green onions, thinly sliced.
Jalapeño Popper Tater Tot Chicken Casserole! One of the BEST casseroles you will ever make! The Original Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe! It is made with jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, tater tots, and cheese.
Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a casserole dish with tater tots. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes..
- While the tater tots are baking, cook bacon, blot fat away, and crumble into small pieces. Dice the peppers and slice the onions..
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 1½ cups of Cheddar jack cheese, bacon (save a little bit for the topping), diced Jalapeno peppers, and most of the sliced onions (save a few for the top). Stir to thoroughly combine ingredients..
- Spread the jalapeno mixture over the top of the tater tots. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Sprinkle the extra bacon pieces and onion slices over the top. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes..
This Jalapeno Popper Tater Tot Casserole is always a hit at parties and potlucks! Serve the Jalapeno Popper Casserole as a side dish or hearty dip recipe. This low-carb jalapeno popper casserole recipe is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner! I bet you can agree that chicken casserole is ALWAYS a good idea. I am putting a spin on the traditional chicken casserole dish by adding jalapeños AND BACON!