Chicken Cacciatore. Chicken cacciatore, an Italian hunter-style chicken braised in a tomato-based sauce with onions, garlic, and white wine. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. In cuisine, alla cacciatora refers to a meal prepared "hunter-style" with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine.
Chicken cacciatore is an easy skillet dinner that can be served up over either pasta or rice. Your family will love this classic chicken recipe! This family friendly Italian classic dish Chicken Cacciatore is made in the slow cooker for a Cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian. You can cook Chicken Cacciatore using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- You need of Chicken.
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of black ripened olives chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped mixed sweet peppers.
- You need 1 of large carrot chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- It’s 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 15 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1 leaf of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of capers.
Often the chicken is dusted with flour and fried in oil before. Chicken Cacciatore generally involves browning chicken pieces in a pot over high heat, then sauteing a mix of vegetables—onions, peppers Chicken Cacciatore! But we're not quite ready to serve yet. Authentic Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is a delicious braised chicken dish loaded with mushrooms and vegetables in a tomato and herb broth.
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- I cut my chicken breast in half lengthwise to cook better and to make more portions. Season the chicken. Heat the oil dredge the chicken in the flour. Fry the chicken 5 minutes per side..
- I found these peppers they are mild and savory. Slice the mushrooms, smell them beforehand if they smell like fish throw them out..
- Gather the spices. I sliced the olives into quarters..
- Dice the onions, peppers, and carrots..
- Take the chicken out and set aside..
- Add the mushrooms, peppers, capers, onion, carrots, and garlic. Sauté for 7 minutes stirring often..
- When the onions are translucent, add the tomatoes, wine, and spices. Stir and simmer 3 minutes then add the wine to deglaze the pan. Scrape the bottom to get the bits off the bottom..
- Add the crushed tomatoes tomato paste. Simmer 10 minutes. Add the chicken back in coating all the chicken..
- Simmer for 30-35 minutes, till chicken is done. Serve I hope you enjoy! I served with spaghetti pasta..
The word cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian, which refers to a dish being prepared in a hunter style. Hunter style dishes typically contain onions, herbs, bell peppers. Cacciatore means "hunter" in Italian, so the dish is a rustic, "hunter-style" mix of chicken, earthy mushrooms, sweet bell peppers, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. Easy Italian Chicken Cacciatore recipe, an authentic Hunter Style Chicken Stew in Red Wine You knew I was gonna bring an authentic, easy Italian Chicken Cacciatore recipe from Italy for you. Here's what you need: chicken thighs, olive oil, mushroom, medium onion, red bell pepper, tomato paste, garlic, dried oregano Chicken Cacciatore. featured in Red Sauce Recipes.