This card *looks simple* but anyone who has created their own DIY invite knows there are many hours of work behind the scenes.
Aspiring printer, Jesse B. brought her project to #DepressionPress where she received instruction, technical oversight and (questionable) moral support.
My suggested process:
1) find one of those invite apps on her phone, fill in a generic template and click *order*
Her actual process:*
1) studio visit with client
2) guided them toward an untraditional and fun design style
3) learned to #screenprint for the first time ever (!)
4) decided to #typeset the text with wood & metal type (using the distinguished Parsons typeface)
5) printed text #letterpress using a Chandler & Price platen press (also for the first time!)
6) trimmed using a Challenge paper cutter
*failures and fuck-ups not listed
Tagged: , depression press , screenprinting , letterpress , parsons , invite , save the date , halftone , card , save the date cards , wedding invitation , screen print , printing instruction , printmaking , studio , art studio